With the right support and a few good ideas, corporate events could be a big success with the customers, clients and staffs. The most important part of a corporate event is careful planning. Different organizations plan different types of corporate events for different reasons. Here is a list of various corporate events that the companies’ typically have at various occasions.
- Seminars and Conferences– Seminars target a particular group of delegates and they are used to provide certain information to the delegates. The duration is usually few hours to half a day to full day. There may be single or multiple speakers and they keep the participants together at the same place. On the other hand conferences have multiple sessions. The most common place for a conference is hotel. They begin with keynote session and then hold breakout sessions by topic. The usual duration of a conference is 2/3 of a day, one day, two days or sometimes longer.
- Trade Shows– Trade shows are very popular amongst clients, customers and even rival companies. They are well known for creating brand identity. Organizations attend trade shows or host one to reinforce their image as an industry leader among those who attend, such as members, customers, prospects and suppliers. Event planning for trade shows involves negotiating sponsorship rates for trade show booth space, advertising and promotion of the event, and sometimes speaking opportunities at the event for the leadership.
- Executive Retreats and Incentive Programs– These programs often held at luxury hotels in exclusive destinations. The main agenda is business development and organizational planning. They typically last between three to five days. The arranger must have a sharp negotiation skill because these programs involve all aspects of event planning.
- Golf Events– An annual golf outing is a favourite event at all organizations. Sponsored golf days require a large number of event planning. They are ideal for building relationship with the customers. During the planning phase, it is important to keep internal clients on track, and not allow them to minimize the business time.
- Appreciation Events– these programs allows the event host to spend more informal times with its clients in a non- traditional environment. There are limitless possibilities and types of appreciation events that the organizers can hold throughout the year. Common programs include- dinner and theatre, holiday parties, day and evening cruises etc.