Event management has gained special importance in the 21st century. It is something that requires finesse and expertise and is therefore best handled by professionals. With the media focusing on event management and planning, and with conferences and symposiums becoming major platforms of learning and discussion, event and conference management have come under the spotlight.
A conference requires serious event management. Along with the goal of the conference, you have to concentrate on the presentation aspects of the conference. Selecting a proper conference room or a meeting venue is thus vital for the success of your conference. Conference rooms and meeting venues vary in their designs and styles. Business conference rooms and meeting venues are generally large and come equipped with the following facilities:
• Flip charts or whiteboards with markers
• LCD projectors or screens, VHS video player, DVD players
• High speed, WiFi connections
• Audiovisual gadgets
• Computers with Internet connections
• Web conferencing facilities
Conference venues and meeting rooms in fabulous hotels are also equipped with separate Business Desks. These Business Desks employ the services of secretaries, typists, translators and photographers. When a conference is hosted in a seminar room of a premiere hotel, the hosts can avail of the services of the secretaries, typists, photographers and translators of the Business Desk for better meeting and event management. Large and renowned hotels almost always have event managers of their own who are capable of assisting the conference presenters in the field of event management. Trained event managers are so professional that you can assign them the entire task of event and meeting management and rely on them totally to help you present or conduct a convention that’s sure to be appreciated.
The seating arrangement in a seminar room is also a very significant aspect for successful event management. Conference rooms are generally styled in the following ways:
• Theater – When a conference room is styled this way, the audience faces a podium. The chief speakers and the VIPs generally sit on the podium and deliver their speeches and present their discussions from the stage.
• U Shape – The U Shape style is very popular in meeting rooms. Here, people sit and confer around a long rectangular table. There is much scope for interaction and brainstorming if people sit in the U Shaped style in conference rooms.
• Classroom – The Classroom style is pretty similar to the Theater style. Here too, the audience faces a stage from where the event is presented.
• Cocktail – This style is used in meeting rooms when the conference ends with a lavish dinner and drinks.
• Banquet – The Banquet style, like the Cocktail style, is used when dinner is served at the end of a conference.
• Boardroom – This style is similar to the U Shaped style and is used in conference rooms when managers of the same rank meet to thrash out issues.
• Cabaret – The Cabaret style seating arrangement is most commonly used in a meeting room when a business meeting ends with an award ceremony.
Event management for hosting events successfully in business conference rooms requires judicious, strategic thinking on the part of the event manager. While the seating arrangement in conference rooms plays a crucial role, the significance of the event plan can’t be undermined. Detailed meeting planning is hence critical for great event management. Strategies and tactics can be devised through thinking but they can also be set effectively by means of an authentic online diary planner. The online diary planner is an online diary and an event planner that shoulders most of the burden of the meeting management process. You can record all your data in a reliable online diary planner as well as retrieve meeting data from the application in the flash of a second. According to most event managers, the online diary planner is a must-have for successful event management. Visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_diary_planner to understand which online diary planners are best for event management, meeting planning and conferences because Wikipedia always provides authentic information on everything.